BBQ Jackfruit Burrito Bowl
Plant Based | Vegetarian | Main Meals| Nutritious| Vegan
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
Who needs meat in a burrito when a veggie version tastes THIS good? Containing 4 servings of veg, it's a total nutrient bomb. One for the weekly meal plan!
- 2 Pouches Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 2 x 14oz cans of jackfruit (drained and shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2/3 cups water
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 orange pepper (sliced)
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 red cabbage (sliced)
- 5oz cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- Handful of cilantro (chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Start by making the BBQ sauce. In a bowl add garlic granules, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, soy sauce, tomato puree, olive oil and water. Combine.
- Add the sauce to a pan over a medium heat and simmer for a few minutes before stirring in the jackfruit.
- In a separate pan over a medium heat add a drizzle of oil and cook the peppers for a few minutes before adding the black beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Prepare the salsa by combining the diced tomatoes, white onion, chopped coriander and lime juice.
- Load up the bowls with sliced lettuce, red cabbage, riced sweet potato, jackfruit, black bean and pepper mix, slices of avocado, salsa and leftover lime wedges.
Share this recipe
Riced Cauliflower Rainbow Rolls With Satay Sauce Made with Cauliflower
These yummy low carb Riced Cauliflower Rainbow Rolls are full of nutritious veggies with a delicious satay dipping sauce.
Veg Servings 2
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Made with Cauliflower
A super light vegan tabbouleh to add to any dish of your choosing. Vibrant and full of colour - it's a great one for meal prep and takes just a few minutes to make.
Veg Servings 2