family meals | mains
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
A hearty, comforting one pot meal that makes a great family dinner. This recipe by @cravingsandcauliflowers uses prawns and chicken but you can serve it with your own choice of protein to vary the flavors.
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 300g Organic Chicken Thighs
- 100g jumbo king prawns
- 1 cup freshly chopped Okra
- Red Bell Pepper - finely sliced
- Handful of spring/green onions
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 300ml Chicken Broth/stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh cilantro and green onions to garnish
- Saute the Okra in a pan until cooked
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute bell peppers, onions, and celery, until soft.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for around 10 minutes until browned
- Make a well in the center of the pan and add the minced garlic. Let it sizzle for about 30 seconds, then stir in everything else.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cooked okra, Cajun seasoning, and sea salt to taste. Bring gumbo to a boil, then simmer for around 15 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
- Add the prawns and simmer for a few minutes. Then add the cauliflower rice and simmer for a couple of minutes until cauliflower rice is soft and prawns are cooked.
- Garnish with the green onion and cilantro and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Prawn Stir Fry with Cauli rice Made with Cauliflower
Ready in ten! Prep this speedy mid-week recipe in advance for a super nutritious meal on the fly. With 3 portions of veg per serving, it's the perfect post workout refuel.
Veg Servings 3
Veggie fried Rice Made with Broccoli & Cauliflower
This veg-fest of a dish is right on the money when you're chasing something rich in nutrients. Serve it with the sesame soy sauce and you have yourself a winner dinner.
Veg Servings 3