Cinnamon Sweet Potato Poppers
Family Food | Thanksgiving
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
The perfect Thanksgiving treat, the combination of cinnamon with sweet potato in these bites by @three.bowls.full is nothing but pure joy!
- 1/2 pouch of Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 8oz. packages crescent roll dough (use the sheet version if possible)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sweet potato, cream cheese, brown sugar and orange zest in a small bowl.
- Unroll dough and cut into 4 rectangles, then cut each rectangle into 4 triangles, repeat with the second tube. If you have the perforated dough, separate into 4 rectangles, press the perforations to seal, then cut each rectangle into 4 triangles.
- Place a teaspoon of the potato mixture in the center of each dough triangle. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch to seal. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small, flat bowl. Brush the melted butter on each popper then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Share this recipe
Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies Made with Sweet Potato
The combo of sweet potato, white chocolate and peanut butter works a treat in these chunky gluten-free brownies. Bake up a big batch before the weekend (just don't expect them to hang around for too long...)
Sweet Potato Warm Autumn Salad Made with Sweet Potato
Autumn in a bowl! This seasonal salad is loaded with nutrients and makes a light and healthy addition to Thanksgiving. Serve it for lunch or as a side with your choice of protein.
Veg Servings 2