Garlic Mushroom Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Gluten-Free | Low Carb | Keto | Vegetarian
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
This gluten-free gnocchi uses just a few ingredients and is perfect for those nights when you want something light yet undeniably satisfying.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 2 heaped cups plain/GF flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch sea salt & black Pepper
- Vegan butter for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 large flat mushrooms
- 7 oz button mushrooms
- Fresh basil to garnish
- To make your gnocchi dough, squeeze as much moisture as possible from your sweet potato and add this into a large mixing bowl. Sift in the flour and add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Give everything a good mix, then crack in the egg and continue to mix until the dough comes together. You can add extra flour here if you feel like your mixture is too sticky.
- Once you’re left with a mouldable dough consistency, transfer this to a floured surface or cutting board
- Take one section of the dough and roll this into a flat sausage shape. Cut into small bite-sized pieces. You can either leave these like this, or roll these on the back of a fork to create that ridged classic gnocchi shape.
- Repeat this for the remaining dough.
- To cook the gnocchi, bring a saucepan of water to a rolling boil and carefully place the gnocchi into the pan. (this makes quite a large batch, so you can always save some in the fridge for another day)
- Cook these until they begin to float, then carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with kitchen towel to drain any excess water.
- In a frying pan, heat a heaped tsp of vegan butter over medium heat and grate in the garlic cloves.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices and halves and add this into the pan. Sauté until beautifully golden brown and starting to caramelise.
- Add in your gnocchi and a touch of extra butter. Cook until they’ve lightly crisped on the outside and adjust any seasonings to taste.
- Serve garnished with some fresh basil and an extra crack of black pepper.
Share this recipe
Curried Cauliflower Koftes Made with Cauliflower
These Plant Based Curried Cauli Koftes are made with chickpeas, Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower and a selection of spices for a total flavor bomb.
Veg Servings 1