Nut-free Sweet Potato Mincemeat
family food | vegan
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
This sweet potato mincemeat by @lost.inreality._ is a great staple recipe for the festivities. Use it to make mince pies, wrap it in filo or load it into a festive pastry case as shown here. Want to make it alcohol-free? Skip the booze and use apple juice instead.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 100g hemp seeds
- 100g goji berries
- 300g Apple- Diced
- 140g raisins
- 140g sultanas
- 170g currants
- 80g Mixed Chopped Peel
- Juice and Zest of 1 Orange or 50/50 Lemon & Orange
- 75ml Brandy/whisky or Apple juice for an alcohol free version!
- 5 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Allspice
- Add everything apart from your alcohol (if using) to a pan and heat gradually, continuously stirring.
- Once the apple begins to soften, lower the heat and let simmer for about 15mins, stirring occasionally
- Take off the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm, then add in your alcohol (or apple juice) and stir it through.
- Once cool, either store in a sterile jar or add it to a pre lined pastry tin and bake into a pie.
Share this recipe
Festive Cheesecake Made with Sweet Potato
Need a showstopper for a special occasion (minus the overload of refined sugars)? We've got you covered with this delicious Chocolate Caramel Sweet Potato Tart.
Veg Servings 2
Sweet Potato Rice with Sage Sausage, Kale and Feta Made with Sweet Potato
This quick and easy one pot meal features a great combination of flavors and makes a tasty solo lunch or side for a main meal.
Veg Servings 1