Pipa Tofu Cauliflower Fried Rice
Main meals | Family food | Dinner
MADE WITH RICED Cauliflower
The perfect celebratory dish for Chinese New Year! This plant-based take on Chinese Fried Rice is bursting with flavor and contains 3 of your 5 a day.
Ingredients for the rice:
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- Handful of sugar snap peas, sliced into halves
- Handful of sliced red cabbage
- 2 Spring Onions
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Ingredients for the pipa tofu:
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 200g vegan mince
- 50g shredded carrot
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine (optional)
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 tsp vegetarian stir fry sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Pepper to season
Method - rice:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large wok and fry carrot and garlic on a high heat until the garlic is smelling fragrant.
- Add in your sugar snap peas, followed by the Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in your red cabbage and cook for another minute (or longer if you like your cabbage softer).
- Add in your sauce and sprinkle your spring onions over. It's as easy as that!
Method - pipa tofu:
- Blend these ingredients together into a paste: 280g extra firm tofu, 200g vegan mince, 50g shredded carrot, 3 shiitake mushrooms, 1 spring onion, 3 tbsp cilantro leaves.
- Season this with: 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper (optional 1/2 tbsp shaoxing wine).
- Roll into your preferred shape with a bit of oil on your hands.
- Steam your tofu mix for 7 minutes, making sure you reserve the liquid from steaming!
- Coat the tofu in a mix of 3tbp rice flour (or plain), 3tbsp cornflour and a pinch of salt
- Fry the tofu on each side in some oil until they turn a lovely golden color.
Method - sauce:
- In a saucepan fry 2 minced garlic cloves in 1 tsp oil oh a high heat for 10 seconds, then add leftover steaming liquid, 1 tbsp vegetarian stir fry sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Thin out with some water if required and pour into a serving jug.
Share this recipe
Chicken Satay Cauliflower Rice Bowl Made with Cauliflower
This dish features riced cauliflower and chicken as the base with a yummy satay sauce that brings everything to life.
Veg Servings 1