Pumpkin, Sage & Roasted Sprout Risotto
plant based | main meals | meal prep | family food | vegetarian
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
Hearty and healthy with a delightful festive twist, this tasty risotto by @hazelsveganeats is a great crowd pleaser to make during the holidays and is packed with nutritious veg.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- Garlic granules
- ½ tsp salt
- Pumpkin or squash (around 400g) chopped into pieces
- Fresh sage (25g)
- Sprouts (300g) roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Handful of vegan cheese (grated)
- Heat the oven to 400F
- Place the pumpkin on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and garlic granules. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes (or until soft). At the same time, roast your sprouts. Once cooked, leave to the side.
- In a large pan, fry the onions and garlic until soft in the olive oil and butter
- Add the pumpkin to your pan, but leave some cubes of pumpkin for a garnish.
- Add your fresh sage to the pumpkin mix. It should be soft and well-mixed.
- Cook together for another 5 minutes and add your veg stock, then the Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower.
- Cook together until the stock is fully reduced and the mixture is fluffy.
- Season to taste and top with grated cheese. Add sprouts and leftover pumpkin to garnish.
Share this recipe
Vegan Sweet Potato & Chickpea Bites Made with Sweet Potato
Super light, crispy and delicious, these vegan sweet potato bites are perfect on a sharing platter. Don't forget the dip!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos Made with Sweet Potato
Roasted seasonal veg in a fluffy tortilla with black beans = one tasty mid week meal. Just add salsa and your choice of toppings and you're off!
Veg Servings 2