Spicy Sweet and Sour Chickpeas
Healthy | Low Cal | Vegetarian | Vegan | Main Meals
MADE WITH RICED BROCCOLI & CAULIFLOWER
A deliciously healthy snack or meal that's light on the calories and packed with veg! The combination of ingredients bring so much flavor to this dish and it's a great choice for meal prep too.
- 2 Pouches Fullgreen Riced Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 7 fl oz cold water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 green pepper (thinly sliced)
- Sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat, and a drizzle of oil of choice and sauté the red and green peppers with the chickpeas. Stir occasionally.
- In a separate saucepan on a medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, light brown sugar, ketchup and sriracha. Combine and let simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the cornflour and cold water until there are no lumps of flour
- Add to the saucepan of sauce and stir continuously until it thickens and is smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the peppers and chickpeas and coat them evenly.
- Serve with the riced broccoli and cauliflower and garnish with sesame seeds.
Share this recipe
Sesame Soy Tofu Skewers Made with Broccoli & Cauliflower
This delicious plant based recipe is packed with flavor whilst being rich in protein and nutrients.
Veg Servings 2