Sweet Potato Gingerbread Stars
family food | home bakes
|20g||162||1 hour 15 mins||12|
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
These speedy sweet potato gingerbread stars by @cucook_nest are great for hanging on the tree (or devouring with a hot choc and your favourite folk). Make them in batches and store in an airtight container.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 3 cups (390g) plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 110g vegan block/butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 113g golden syrup/honey
- 1 egg – vegan replacement 1 tbs ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbs water
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the melted butter, syrup, egg substitute and sweet potato to the dry ingredients and work the mixture into a dough. You can use a mixer if you like.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in some plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. You can split it into smaller balls and take it out of the freezer just before rolling. It will keep a really nice shape.
- Roll the dough till it is ½ centimetre thick
- Cut the dough into shapes using a star shaped cutter
- Bake for around 8 minutes in a preheated oven, rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Poppers Made with Sweet Potato
The combination of cinnamon with sweet potato in pastry is nothing but pure joy! Bake a batch up for a night in with friends and family (and watch them disappear in a flash!)
Nut-free Sweet Potato Mincemeat Made with Sweet Potato
This nut-free vegan mincemeat is ready in half an hour and keeps for ages in an airtight container. A great addition to all your festive bakes.