Sweet Potato Autumn Salad
Dairy-Free | Vegetarian | Thanksgiving
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
The fusion of sweet potato, apple, spices and nuts in this healthy Autumn salad by @eat.with.kyla is a treat at any time of the day. Serve it up for a hearty lunch or as a side when guests visit.
- 3 bags of Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 2 Apples cored and diced
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries*
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 4 cups of Kale stemmed and ripped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with oil.
- In a bowl toss diced apples and cranberries with cinnamon, nutmeg, and syrup. Place the mixture on the baking sheet and put in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the apples and cranberries are cooking, wash and de-stem kale, rip into bite size pieces. Add the kale to a bowl and massage with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside
- When the apples and cranberries come out of the oven, place them on the side. Using a large skillet, on medium heat, add the Full Green Riced Sweet Potato and gently stir for 2 minutes. Then add in the apple and cranberry mixture for another minute.
- Get the hot mixture and add it to the bowl of Kale. Also add a pinch of salt, cracked black pepper, balsamic, and pecans. Toss together so the heat can wilt the kale. Enjoy!
- Note: If you don’t like the tartness of Cranberries, feel free to substitute it for ½ cup of dried cranberries and add it to the end instead.
Share this recipe
Sesame Soy Tofu Skewers Made with Broccoli & Cauliflower
This delicious plant based recipe is packed with flavor whilst being rich in protein and nutrients.
Veg Servings 2
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Made with Cauliflower
A super light vegan tabbouleh to add to any dish of your choosing. Vibrant and full of colour - it's a great one for meal prep and takes just a few minutes to make.
Veg Servings 2