Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
Plant based main | Main meals | Vegan | Family food | Low calorie | Meal prep | Lunch | Dinner
MADE WITH RICED SWEET POTATO
A classic dish with a lighter spring in its step, this low calorie Bolognese is packed with vegetables and nourishing ingredients to make you feel alive! Serve with zucchini noodles instead of traditional spaghetti for a lower carb dish. A great staple recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Bon appetit!
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato
- 1 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 tsp of Tamari sauce
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 7oz of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper
- 1 large zucchini per person
- Finely dice the red onion and bell pepper and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a pan, heat a tiny splash of olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add in the onions and once they're slightly soft, toss in the red pepper and garlic cloves.
- Dice the mushrooms to create a mince meat like texture, then saute these in the pan for a few minutes to lightly brown.
- Cook until fragrant and the veggies have nicely softened, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and half a can of water.
- Add in the tomato puree, Tamari sauce, basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce to a simmer and allow the sauce to cooks and thicken.
- Meanwhile, spiralize or julienne peel the zucchini and set aside.
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced down a little, adjust any flavours to your liking, then mix through the Riced Sweet Potato and allow to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the veggie pasta topped with a generous helping of the sauce and some fresh basil leaves.
Share this recipe
Garlic Mushroom Sweet Potato Gnocchi Made with Sweet Potato
This gluten-free gnocchi uses just a few ingredients and is perfect for those nights when you want something light yet undeniably satisfying.
Veg Servings 1
Stuffed Butternut Squash Made with Cauliflower
A delicious plant based squash recipe that works
perfectly as a side dish or stand alone meal.
Veg Servings 2