Yellow Split Pea Curry
Flavour | Low Carb | Low Cal | Main Meal | Plant Based | Vegan | Vegetarian
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
A total crowd pleaser - this curry is brimming with flavour. Containing 3 portions of veg per serving, serve it with Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower for a delicious, low carb, low calorie meal.
- 1 pouch per person Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Tsp coconut oil for cooking
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 5.5oz button mushrooms
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 large carrot
- 1 can coconut milk
- 14fl oz water
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cilantro seeds
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Tsp turmeric
- Small handful chopped dried apricots
- 5oz chopped broccoli florets
- Large handful baby spinach
- Handful cashews to garnish
- Finely dice the onion and garlic and add these into large pan with the coconut oil.
- Satue these over medium heat until translucent, then add in the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Dice the carrot, courgette and mushrooms and add these into the pan.
- Pour in a little of the water to help steam the veggies and sauté these for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Add in the yellow split peas, coconut milk, water and stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and leave this to cook until the split peas have cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- When the curry is almost done, add the broccoli and cook until vibrant green in color.
- Stir through the spinach and serve alongside the riced cauliflower.
- Garnish with some chopped cashews and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Spicy Sweet and Sour Chickpeas Made with Broccoli & Cauliflower
A deliciously healthy snack or meal that's light on the calories and packed with veg!
Veg Servings 2