Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
main meals | family food | meal prep
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
This Vegan Mac & Cheese cuts back on the pasta and brings in more veg with a winning mix of cashews, spices and nutritional yeast to achieve that creamy, comforting flavor. Therapy in a bowl after a tough day!
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 350g spiral pasta or macaroni
- 250g Cashews
- 250ml vegetable stock + 200ml boiled water
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsps yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps Onion powder
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Paprika - a generous pinch
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Kale, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven to 375F
- Add the cashews to bowl. Combine the stock and boiling water and pour over the cashews. Leave to soak for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, minus 1 minute of cooking time. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Add the cashews and the stock they are soaking in to a blender, along with the nutritional yeast, paprika, mustard, vinegar, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Blend on a high speed until completely smooth.
- Drain the pasta when it is cooked. Put it back in the pan and add the kale, cauliflower rice and cashew sauce.
- Mix together so everything is covered in sauce then transfer to a baking dish. Melt the butter in a bowl, then add the breadcrumbs and mix.
- Cover the pasta with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle a little extra paprika on top. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the breadcrumbs start to brown.
- Serve with veggies or a leafy green salad and enjoy!
Share this recipe
Vegan Madras Curry Made with Cauliflower
Everyone needs a speedy curry in life and this Vegan Madras will not disappoint! Chop everything in advance for a healthy, ready-in-under-ten-minute meal that’s packed with good nutrition.
Veg Servings 3
Quick & Easy Lentil Dahl Made with Cauliflower
A cosy vegan meal for when you need a boost, this bowl is stacked high with feel good veg to make you feel great. Cook it up in batches so you always have a nourishing dinner to hand.
Veg Servings 2