Cheesy Broccoli & Bacon Bites
Meal prep | Family food
MADE WITH BROCCOLI
Looking for a great recipe to feed a crowd? These light & fluffy cheesy broccoli & bacon bites make a seriously satisfying canape or side. And they're great for lunch boxes too!
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower & Broccoli
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked, chopped into bits
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the olive oil to heat up for 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring to keep from burning.
- Gradually pour in milk while whisking the mixture together.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the paprika, chopped parsley, chopped bacon, the riced cauliflower packet, and the riced broccoli-cauliflower packet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. (The mixture should be cheesy and thick.)
- Remove from heat to cool down for 5 minutes while you line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop about 1 tablespoon mixture per ball onto the prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pot, add enough oil until about 2-3" deep. Heat up the oil until hot.
- Place the flour in a small bowl, the panko breadcrumbs in another, and the whisked eggs with a splash of milk in a separate third bowl.
- Dip each frozen ball in the flour, then the whisked eggs, and finally in the panko breadcrumbs until well-coated.
- Fry in small batches until a deep golden brown. Place on a wire rack lined with paper towels to absorb excess oils.
- Serve the cauliflower balls with ranch or your favorite creamy dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Share this recipe
Cauliflower Pancakes Made with Cauliflower
Super quick and 100% tasty, these crispy cauliflower rice pancakes are perfect for lunch. Top them with the caper yoghurt sauce or keep them plain for an easy snack on the go!
Veg Servings 2
Riced Cauliflower Inari Sushi Made with Cauliflower
Flavor-packed minus the carbs, these vegan Inari pockets are quick and easy to make. Vary the veggies to vary the flavors!
Veg Servings 1