Mexican Al Pastor Bowl
Dinners & Mains
Keto & Low Carb
Vegan & Plantbased
Time 45 mins
Serves 2 people
Veg Servings 5
- For the Zucchini & Corn Salad:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 green or red chiles
- 500g zucchini/courgette, cut into cubes
- 200g of frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 150g mix tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp of dry oregano
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Al Pastor Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 pouch Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- ¼ cup of al pastor paste (recipe below)
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 100 g of fresh pineapple, cubed
- ½ small onion, chopped
- Handful of cilantro
- Lime to serve
- Al Pastor Paste:
- 2 tsp of cider vinegar
- 50 ml of fresh orange juice
- 4 Chiles guajillo
- 1 ancho chile
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 Heat the oil in non-stick pan. Add the chopped onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- 2 Add the chopped garlic and the chiles if you are using them. After a minute, add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3 Add the corn and the oregano. Let them cook briefly and mix the chopped tomatoes. Let the tomatoes disintegrate by letting the mix simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4 You can serve the salad warm or cold. Mix in the coriander, just before serving.
- 5 Method (Cauliflower Rice & Al Pastor Paste)
- 6 Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onions and sauté them for five minutes; you do not want them to caramelize yet. Add the pineapple to the pan and let it cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- 7 Add the Fullgreen Cauliflower pouch to the pan, cook it for a minute, before adding the pastor paste. Begin with one tablespoon, incorporate, and add more until the rice has the colour and heat you desire. Add salt if needed.
- 8 Turn the heat off, and put the rice on a bowl, serve with the courgette and corn salad. Garnish it with the cilantro and a few drops of lime juice. Enjoy!
- 9 To make the Al Pastor paste, cut your chiles down the middle and take all the seeds out.
- 10 Grill your clean chiles in a dry pan for one minute. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to burn. Take them out of the pan and soak them in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- 11 Add the chiles and a few drops of the soaking water into a blender or food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a few minutes. You want a smooth paste, so pass it through a sift if needed.
- 12 Add to your recipe and enjoy!