Middle Eastern Style Cauli Rice
plant based | main meals | meal prep | family food | vegetarian | low calorie
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER
Low in carbs and cals but high in all the good stuff like veggies, vitamins, nutrients and fibre, this Middle Eastern style riced cauliflower dish (known as Mujadara) makes a tasty mid week meal.
- 1 Pouch Fullgreen Riced Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 390g can green lentils , drained
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro to serve
- Start off by making the caramelised onions. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onions and cook for around 25-30 minutes until caramelised, stirring every few minutes. Transfer onto a plate and set to one side.
- Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil into the same pan, and cook the garlic for 2 minutes, then add the lentils, spices and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Tear open the pack of Fullgreen riced cauliflower, then microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the contents of the pack into the pan of lentils and stir everything together.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, top with the caramelised onions and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Share this recipe
Yellow Split Pea Curry Made with Cauliflower
A total crowd pleaser - this curry is brimming with flavour.
Veg Servings 3