Quick & Easy Lentil Dahl
plant based | family food | vegan
MADE WITH RICED CAULIFLOWER & BROCCOLI
Comforting, warm and packed with good nutrition, this one pan wonder by @positive.pantry is perfect for those super cold days when you need an instant boost.
- 2 Pouches Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Can of green lentils (drained)
- 1 Can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 250g Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 150g Baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 200g Chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 Green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (grated)
- 1 Thumb size piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 Can reduced fat coconut milk
- 400ml Veg stock
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tbsp Medium curry powder
- A splash of Tamari/ Soy Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice and cilantro to garnish
- Wash and prepare all veggies, then drain and rinse the chickpeas and lentils.
- Add a splash of oil to a wide-bottomed pan on medium heat and fry the spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger for around 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until softened, then add all spices.
- Stir in the coconut milk and veg stock and reduce to a simmer.
- Add lentils and chickpeas to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Pop the pouches of Fullgreen Riced Cauliflower into the microwave and cook as per packet instructions.
- Serve in a big bowl with a lime wedge and cilantro garnish. Enjoy!
Share this recipe
Riced Cauliflower Inari Sushi Made with Cauliflower
Flavor-packed minus the carbs, these vegan Inari pockets are quick and easy to make. Vary the veggies to vary the flavors!
Veg Servings 1
Mexican cauliflower rice with stuffed peppers Made with Cauliflower
Zingy, zesty, healthy and filling, these vegan stuffed peppers are a great go-to when you want something comforting and high in nutrition to eat. Enjoy them fresh out of the oven and switch up the toppings to adjust the flavors.
Veg Servings 2